Sweet Ritz Bark
Sweet Ritz Bark will make your teeth hurt so good.
We have adapted this recipe from one that Trisha Yearwood has on her TV show. Her family calls it “crack”, we call it dang good crack.
- Nonstick spray
- 35 to 40 Ritz crackers
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⅓ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips OR
- coarse ground semi-sweet bakers chocolate
- 1 tbs corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line 1 large or 2 small jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and arrange the Ritz salt-side down in a single layer. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter or margarine and brown sugar together, add the corn syrup and vanilla, and boil until it turns a caramel color. Remove from the heat and pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
- Put the jelly-roll pan into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly, watching carefully. Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers with a knife.
- Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. They will form one big sheet. Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container