It’s Whatever Wednesday again folks! Today I’m going to finally post some pictures of the Kokanee Salmon that Tim caught 2 weeks ago and that we promptly ate.
I know, I know, I promised to post this last week, but last week has come and gone and I don’t feel too guilty about not posting till today. I’m just lazy that way sometimes. Forgive me? Please?
So here’s how I came up with the recipe:
1) It had to be fast, because it was well past supper hour by the time the salmon was fileted and scaled and I still needed to take a shower and put on some nice clean NON fishing clothes.
2) It needed to use only ingredients that were already in my refrigerator and cupboards.
3) It needed to have lots and lots of flavor!
So I peeked into the fridge and saw a bowl of leftover Chimichurri Sauce, some leftover rice pilaf and the fixings for a salad. Oh and there was half an avocado in there and it sounded like it’d go well with salmon, so I grabbed that too. I added a bottle of Lime Juice to the collection since I love citrus on fish:
Look at that gorgeous Kokanee Salmon! Tim did a fantastic job of fileting it and cutting it into portions, didn’t he?
I turned my oven to 425F to preheat, then laid the salmon skin side down in a small, well greased pan. Then I slathered on a good sized dollop or two of the chimichurri sauce and spread it all around. After that, I just sprinkled on some of the lime juice and popped those beauties into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
If you don’t have the recipe for the Chimichurri Sauce, hop on over here –> My Chimichurri Sauce and grab it – it’s SO good on SO many things!
These are some of my favorite kitchen helpers. They're Dang Good and I love 'em!
Once they were in the oven I dashed off to grab a fast hot shower and some clean clothes, then ran back to the kitchen all out of breath, but smelling and looking MUCH better!
I pulled them out of the oven at the 10 minute mark and topped each with a few bread crumbs, then put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes to finish cooking. While they were finishing up, I tossed a fast salad, sliced the avocado and warmed the rice pilaf in the microwave.
5 minutes later dinner was on the table and Tim and I were savoring our catch of the day – Kokanee Salmon Filets with Chimichurri Sauce – total yum!
And one more picture, just cuz I’m a showoff…. =)
- 2 5-ounce Salmon Filets
- 4 tablespoons Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Lime or Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Grease a small (8x8) pan, then lay the filets skin side down in the pan.
- Top each filet with half of the Chimichurri Sauce, then sprinkle with half of the Lime or Lemon juice,
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for another 5 minutes and serve with rice and a salad.