Pecan Sticky Buns
Lip smackin good Pecan Sticky Buns
These Pecan Sticky Buns are a favorite treat of all our family and guests.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter, cubed
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbs dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour,sugar,yeast and salt. In a small saucepan heat milk and butter to warm ( 120-130 degrees f ). Add to dry ingredients: beat until smoth. Add eggs: beat until smooth. Stir in 11/2 cups flour to form a soft sticky dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface:knead in remaining flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until combined. Pour into a well greased 9”x13” baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter to obtain a wet mixture.
- Punch down dough and turn onto floured surface. Roll into an 8”x12” rectangle; spread filling mixture to within ½” of edges of dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side: pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down on topping in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or golden brown. Immediately invert buns onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm.
It is always best to make a double batch, because they are good sliced, buttered and grilled for days after you make them.